Columbia Route Driver – Columbia, SC
The Hershey Creamery Company is a growing company, looking for a Branch Route Driver for our Columbia, SC branch. Ideal candidates are hardworking, enthusiastic and have a desire to be successful. Candidates must have good driving record and be able to pass all DOT requirements. Previous route sales experience is preferred but not required.
This is a strong company with room for advancement.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- ROUTE SALES: (average 1 day per week and as many 3 until the territory advances additionally)
Make 20-25 deliveries per day in company owned trucks to convenience stores, ice cream parlors, supermarkets, colleges, hospitals and restaurants. Pack product into freezer and collect money for delivery. Some overnight stay may be required.
- UTILITY/SHUTTLE: (as needed; until the territory is grown with consistent routes. This is a major portion of the job initially). Load ice cream trucks directly from the warehouse Deep Freeze in Salisbury, NC and shuttle back to Columbia, SC. General truck maintenance, merchandising of equipment and store sets, customer service, etc. Delivery and setup of freezer equipment in store locations. General maintenance and freezer repair. You will work in conjunction with our Sales Manager in Columbia, SC.
If you are interested please forward your resume to email@example.com, ATTN: Southern Administrative Assistant and label your reply Columbia, SC Route Driver.
A Great Salary, Plus Commission!
In addition we provide to full time employees:
- Blue Cross health benefits including dental and vision
provisions, as well as prescriptions
- Life Insurance
- Excellent 401K plan with matching contribution,
following one year of service
- Vacation, sick and 7 paid holidays
The Hershey Creamery Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.