- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 8 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and sliced
- Hershey's® Vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour to form a paste. Add water, white sugar and brown sugar, and bring to a boil. Reduce temperature and let simmer.
- Place the bottom crust in your pan. Fill with apples, mounded slightly.
- Cover with a lattice work crust. Gently pour the sugar and butter liquid over the crust. Pour slowly so that it does not run off.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Reduce the temperature to 350°F. Continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes, until apples are soft.
- Remove from oven and allow pie to cool for at least half an hour. Serve with Hershey's® Vanilla ice cream.