- 6 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 sticks of butter
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 vanilla beans
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 gallon vegetable oil
- 1 1/3 cups of honey
- 1 small jar of sprinkles (optional)
- 1 quart of Hershey's® Vanilla ice cream
- Crack the eggs, and whisk. Add sugar to eggs and mix immediately to prevent sugar from burning eggs.
- Bring butter to room temperature. Flake butter into the flour.
- Split vanilla beans and scrape out the seeds and add them to the sugar/egg mixture.
- Put mixture into a mixer and mix (using dough hook) and slowly add the flour. Let dough rest in a cool dry place.
- Roll out the dough into small quantities. Then cut dough into 1/2-inch strips and cut 1/2-inch pieces from the strips. Place the 1/2-inch squares onto a baking pan.
- Put vegetable oil into a large pot and bring to 350 degrees. Fry small quantities of the dough squares in the oil and when golden brown, place onto a baking pan lined with paper towels to absorb excess oil. When all dough is fried, let cool to room temperature.
- In a saucepan, heat the honey (not to a boil) and add small quantities of the fried dough to the pan. Stir lightly with a large slotted spoon. Remove from saucepan and place onto a serving plate.
- Top with sprinkles if desired (optional).
- Serve warm with a scoop of Hershey's® Vanilla ice cream.